How would you like to pack up the car this way? That’s what they do in Burkina Faso. I got the picture from my brother-in-law’s Swedish website www.vastafrikahjalpen.se. He’s married to my sister Ingrid and they are building a surgery-hospital in Bobo-Dioulasso. But that’s not my subject today [I’ll get to that another day].
Keep this picture in mind when I share a prayer with you, wishing that you be filled to the measure of the fullness of God. I don’t know what more can fit on this car, except an army of ants or a battalion of fleas. Those little critters fit anyplace!
Joke aside, I read Paul’s prayer in Ephesians this morning and I was so blessed to grasp some of the things he prayed for, that we can ask from the Lord for our life.
Let’s make this a personal prayer, and ask…
- for the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, to know Christ better
- that the eyes of my heart be enlightened to know the hope I have in Christ
- to understand the riches of my glorious inheritance
- to understand God’s incomparably great power for me
- to understand the fullness of Him who fills everything in every way
- that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen me with power through His Spirit in my inner being
- that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith
- that I be rooted and established in love
- to have power to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ
- to know this love that surpasses knowledge
- to be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God
“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.” (See Ephesians 1:15-23; 3:14-21.)
This is my contribution for today. Pack up to the measure! Not the car, but your life. What more can we ask for than to be filled to the measure of the fullness of God?! It’s possible! It’s available! Just for the asking!