When I do seminars for Sunday school teachers I always encourage them to take some vitamins. The Vitamin E is very important for teachers. It creates the whole atmosphere of a class. It’s ever so important in the home and in the workplace.
I have been working hard today catching up on some translations. My mind is tired but my mind is happy. I’ve taken some Vitamin E but I need some more of that vitamin!
Let me tell you about the variety of my work.
- I’ve translated a newsletter for missionaries in Jordan.
- I’ve updated changes on a translation done for a company that deals with Auto Parts, about the dress code and safe driving.
- I’ve translated a form-letter for the chairman of a World-wide organization.
- I’ve scanned, touched-up, and colored a picture of a rat on a keyboard. Tomorrow that is going to be the illustration for a story on how the most famous Christmas carol was born–Silent Night!
- I’ve edited articles on Faith Coaching, preparing for discussion tomorrow on how to best translate this concept to Spanish. I’ll be going to my former workplace.
Does this qualify me for a tired mind in need of a good dose of vitamin E?
Are you tired and stressed? Do you need some vitamin E? Vitamin is good for the heart; it helps support your brain, and aids the respiratory system. How about adding some of it to your “December routine”?
There you have it! Let enthusiasm energize you. The word enthusiasm comes from an ancient Greek word meaning “inspired by or possessed by God”. In other words it means to have God inside of you. When you’re enthusiastic you’re excited, interested.
My friend Tito Suarez introduced me to the meaning of this word more than thirty years ago. It made such an impression on me that I can still see myself in his house and him talking to me about it. Ever since, I’ve been taking vitamin E. If it wasn’t for this vitamin I might not be writing these blogs, and all the others.
Let Vitamin E give you …
I wish I could deliver big bottles of this vitamin to a friend that has been very ill for over a year. One evening she fell from her computer chair, and somehow got pinned on the floor not able to get up. Twelve hours she spent with her face on the carpet, until someone happened to come by in the morning and get her help. Now she is in a rehab center. I can’t imagine the horrors she went through.
We don’t know what things can happen to us. Good doses of Vitamin E will help us to get through. Jesus, the reason we celebrate this Season is Emmanuel, God with us. He is not only with us, he is in us.
Christ fills Everything Everywhere with his presence (see Eph 1:23). Do you see why Vitamin E is the best doctor’s orders?