When God appeared to Abraham of old he said, “I am God Almighty; walk before me and be blameless” (Gen 17:1). Those are words that apply to us even in modern day.
Integrity is the word for the week in my series on the ABC’s of Christian Living.
What is integrity? Here is Webster’s definition that fits into this category: “the quality or state of being of sound moral principle; uprightness, honesty, and sincerity.”
Now let’s look at some things God’s Word has to say about integrity.
“Blessed are they whose ways are blameless,
who walk according to the law of the LORD” (Ps 119:1).
The LORD detests men of perverse heart
but he delights in those whose ways are blameless” (Prov 11:20).
In Psalm 15 there is a description of a man or woman with INTEGRITY. It says that whoever does those things will never be shaken.
- leads a blameless life
- does what is right
- speaks the truth with sincerity
- refuses to slander others
- does not harm his/her neighbors
- does not speak evil of his/her friends
- despises persistent sinners
- honors the faithful followers of the LORD
- keeps his/her promises even when it hurts
- does not charge interest on the money he/she lends
- refuse to accept bribes to testify against the innocent
The following acrostic is “integrity according to Kerstin Lundquist”.
“The LORD detests lying lips,
but he delights in men who are truthful” (Prov 12:22).
“The man of integrity walks securely,
but he who takes crooked paths will be found out” (Prov 10:9).
May God help us to walk blameless before him!