We’re getting close to the end of the ABC’s for Christian Living. How appropriate to devote one letter to Victory. “Thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ” (1 Cor 15:57).
“We are more than conquerors through him who loved us” (Rom 8:37).
“For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God” (1 John 5:4,5).
Why can we be overcomers? Because the one who is in us is greater than the one who is in the world! (1 John 4:4).
“With God we will gain the victory” (Ps 60:12).
About King David we read several times in Scripture: “The LORD gave David victory wherever he went” (2 Sam 8:6).
That was not a special privilege for David. If we follow the Lord and are true to his commands, the same can be said about each one of us, that the Lord gives us the victory. Praise to his Name!
“But you give us victory over our enemies,
you put our adversaries to shame.
In God we make our boast all day long,
and we will praise your name forever” (Ps 44:7,8).
“The horse is made ready for the day of battle,
but victory rests with the LORD” (Prov 21:31).
The Christian life is meant to be a life of victory, and there are wonderful promises for those who overcome. Jesus himself, through the vision given to the Apostle John on the Island of Patmos, promises:
- will have the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.
- will not be hurt at all by the second death.
- will be given some of the hidden manna.
- will receive a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.
- will be given authority over the nations… just as Jesus has received authority from his Father.
- will be given the morning star.
- will walk with Jesus, dressed in white.
- will forever have his name in the book of life
- Jesus will acknowledge his name before the Father and his angels.
- will be made a pillar in the temple of God. Never again will he leave it.
- Jesus will write on him the name of God and the name of the city of God, the new Jerusalem.
- Jesus will write on him his new name.
- Jesus will give him the right to sit with him on his throne, just as he overcame and sat down with his Father on his throne.
“He who overcomes will inherit all this,
and I will be his God and he
will be my son.”
(See Revelation 2:7, 11, 17, 26-28; 3:4-5, 12-13, 21-22; 21:7.)
Are you going through tough times? Believe in the promises that you can have the victory and be more than a conqueror. Is life smiling at you? Enjoy the sunny days! When the clouds and the storms roll in, be assured that God will bring you through victorious.
V is for Victory!