I am a favored person. I have …
- Swedish birth certificate and passport
- fond memories of my early childhood in Chile
- a Peruvian heart
- lifelong friends in Bolivia
- citizenship certificate and passport from the U.S.
- a mansion that awaits me in heaven
I started thinking about these favors this morning since today is Independence Day. I came to this country 24 years ago. I have written some blogs on how we came here to fulfill God’s call to work with the production of teaching materials with Life Publishers in Miami. Now I’m retired and I have put my talents to serve my Master to help teachers. Blessed be the name of the Lord! What a privilege!
Sunday night I heard a message by Dante Gebel on Facebook. Dante is a dynamic Argentine preacher and prolific writer, published by Zondervan. Dante said, “If you want the favor of God, help others fulfill their dreams (do not be selfish) and serve others. The favor of God will not be greater than your last act of obedience. Large doors of favor open when you first go through the small doors.”
He asked the question that if we want a favor from God or if we want his favor on our life. There is a big difference! That’s why I chose the title: A Favor or God’s Favor.
- Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.
- Abraham was God’s friend. What a favor!
- Jehoahaz sought the Lord’s favor, and the Lord listened to him!
- David enjoyed the favor of God.
- Jabez prayed to God: “Bless me and enlarge my territory.”
- Nehemiah prayed, “Remember me with favor, for all I’ve done for these people!”
- Mary was highly favored by God.
- Jesus grew in favor with God and men.
- The First Church enjoyed the favor of all the people.
As God’s fellow workers we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain.
For he says,
“In the time of my favor I heard you,
and in the day of salvation I helped you.”
I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.
2 Corinthians 6:1-2
Whatever your need, this is the day of receiving God’s favor. God’s favor, his grace! None of us are worthy. Do you want “favors” or “God’s favor”? I want God’s FAVOR in my life!
Study these passages I have put together: The favor of the Lord
If you speak Spanish and want to hear Dante Gebel’s messages, visit his website: http://www.dantegebel.com/ I even saw a flash about his messages in English!